The Wilmette Community Band
Dr. David Fodor, Conductor
Performing on the Northshore for over 40 years
Band Board Positions for 2022
Please apply for a position by 9/22.
Voting will take place on 9/29.
Open Positions for 2022-23
• Maintain an up-to-date membership list; update current and past band rosters and contact information on Website as needed (in consult with Tech Support Chair).
• Update concert and rehearsal attendance worksheet on Website (in consult with Tech Support Chair who updates online).
• Head recruiting efforts and serve as a contact person for new members; prepare and distribute a “new-member” packet.
• Serve as the contact, with copy to Conductor, for all band members who have a conflict or will be unable to make rehearsal or concert dates.
Fundraising Chair Elect (take over in 2023)
• Solicit ads and donations from local businesses and other donors, and keep track of all program donations.
• Provide list of donors to both the Treasurer for record keeping and to the Publicity/PR Manager for placement of ads in the print program and online.
• Write and mail thank you notes to all donors after each concert, enclosing a program copy.
• Develop and coordinate other projects, as appropriate, to raise funds.
• Create folder labels and prepare music folders in September.
• Place new concert series music into folders for first rehearsal after each concert.
• Acquire music (from WCB library, ETHS, or other sources) at least two weeks before the start of a new concert series.
• Review all parts, create extra parts as needed, replace missing parts, and prepare music for sorting into folders.
• Clean out old music from folders after each concert, sorting and returning music in score order to original locations.
• Obtain new paper folders when needed (free from Quinlin & Fabish).
• Take out and put away music for each rehearsal; transport music to appropriate locations, as necessary.
• Maintain music library worksheet and “Tunes Played” worksheet on Website (in consult with Tech Support Chair).
• Set up weekly rehearsal space; move tables, etc., as needed; place and put away podium.
• Help with percussion equipment setup/teardown, as needed.
• Transport percussion and other large band equipment to concert performances.
• Store band’s folding chairs and transport them when needed for offsite performances. (Note: Sally Nador agreed to continue this responsibility.)
Social Activity Chair
• Plan events as appropriate to provide bonding and connections between band members.
Current 2022-2023 Slate for the WCB BOARD
President - Jeff Urban
Vice President/Business Manager - Bob Taylor
Secretary - Dennis Jasieniecki
Treasurer - Jeff Ring
Personnel Manager -
Fundraising Chair - Terry Fertig (final year)
Equipment Manager(s) -
Tech Support - Paul Isaacson
Historian - Jim Skelton
Publicity/Program - Rob Linsenmeier
Social Activity Chair -
Members-At-Large - Dan Freedman, Jackie Tilles, and Sally Nador
Link to PDF of job descriptions for all positions